Thursday, March 26, 2009

Veggie Chili

I try to make at least 2 to 3 vegetarian meals a week, to the dismay of my meat loving husband. One of my favorite cool weather meals is chili. I decided to make a veggie chili for the crockpot the other day. I love using a crock pot, it's so handy for busy days!

It turned out pretty good. I topped it with cheese and a bit of sour cream. I had a large amount leftover and I potioned it into individual containers and stored in the freezer. My husband said it was really good reheated a few days later.


Posted by Picasa
3 med. carrots chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 small to med. onion chopped
1 can of corn drained
2 T canned jalapeno peppers (I use mild)
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes (I drained some of the liquid)
2-3 15 oz tomato sauce (depending on how thick you prefer)
1/2 cup red wine
2 tsp cumin
2 T chili powder
salt/pepper to taste
1 can dark kidney beans (all beans undrained)
1 can light kidney beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can black beans
Mix all together in Crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (the longer the better)
Top with cheese and sour cream, serve with cornbread
Enjoy!!

No comments: