Monday, August 18, 2008

Mark & Saori


I'm the oldest grandchild on my mother's side. There are 6 of us, plus 3 great-grand kids. All are girls except for my cousin Mark. I was 11 years old when he was born, since we are a close knit family I spent a lot of time with Mark as he grew up. When he got older he became fasinated with Japan. He majored in Japanese, he study over in Japan and ended up teaching English to middle school aged kids in Japan. He met and fell in love with a great girl named Saori. So when my aunt told me Mark was getting married I was thrilled and when she asked for help I was more than excited.

It was a very low key small wedding and 50-60 people. I did the centerpieces that incorporated the table numbers and a decoration.
I used contact paper to cut out the numbers and then frosted all the vases with glass frosting spray.





Mark and Father Hank at the rehearsal

Saori and her dad.

Saori wanted really simple flowers, so we did 2 small vases with daisys on each table with the
centerpieces. The tables were oval, it was really cool.
Lanterns over the bridal table.

Saori made origami cranes for every place setting. She used different pattern paper for each!

After Mark and Saori got to the U.S. they took rumba lessons to be there first dance.
Very cute.

wedding cake

My cousins, Saori and Saori's Mom

Cutting the cake.
I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted. So these were some highlights.





























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































*excuse the large gap, not sure what happen:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely, so simple but elegant. Please share the flowers too...

Anonymous said...

that last one was me, Claudine.... thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the daisies, so sweet and pretty. Love the cake too, looks like a wonderful day!
thanks for sharing
Claudine